Monday, April 27, 2015

Trader Joe's Ridge Cut Potato Chips - Salt & Pepper

I'm not much of a "wavy" cut chip fan ... but I'd heard a lot about the Trader Joe's Ridge Cut Potato Chips - Salt & Pepper from a fellow TJ's shopper on YouTube so I decided to give them a try. I enjoy chips and I don't mind a salt and pepper flavored chip ... so I figured why not - what's there to lose?
 
Firstly, this bag of chips is gigantic. It's under $3 and the bag itself is pretty full and heavy. The chips themselves are thick, ridge cut potato chips. They have a lot more of a bite to them if compared to say, Ruffles potato chips (which aren't as thick and crunchy as these are). I found these ones to be along the lines of a kettle cooked ridge cut chip because it was so crunchy and almost hard.
 
Flavor wise ... they are your classic salt and pepper potato chip. Not overly salty, the pepper is more at play with this snack. The pepper is definitely there, but it's not overpowering. I love black pepper, but I've also learned that a little too much black pepper can straight up overpower anything you put it on. I would say this is a "medium" flavored pepper chip, where it's not overwhelming, but it's definitely noticeable, but it's not so noticeable that it's going to burn your tongue.
 
Overall, I wasn't too satisfied with these. The thickness and the overly crunchy chips just weren't quite a home run for me. I ate as much as I could, and since no one else was a fan of them, I ended up tossing the rest of the bag. I'll stick to my beloved Trader Joe's Classic Potato Chips.
 
A  1 ounce serving (roughly 9 chips or 28g) is 150 calories or 4 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment