Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Trader Joe's Milk Chocolate Jumbles

When I spotted the Trader Joe's Milk Chocolate Jumbles I was intrigued. They reminded me of pecan turtles ... and since I'm a big fan of Trader Joe's chocolate I decided to give them a whirl.

According to the packaging the candy is a a concoction of "crunchy pecans & toasted quinoa with soft & buttery caramel enrobed in chocolate and topped with Himalayan pink sea salt."  The candy has that classic pecan turtle crunch and softness to it, but this caramel is a lot softer and chewier. The mixture of both chocolate and caramel is a lovely combination, that doesn't cross the bridge into overwhelmingly sweet. The pecan and toasted quinoa create a lovely texture with the caramel. It gives a bit of a chewy crunch to it ... similar to something you'd get with say, broken up rice krispies with caramel. It's definitely a unique texture. The Himalayan pink sea salt is a wonderful addition because it cuts the flavors and gives the taste buds a little pizazz.

Overall, these are completely delicious. I'm a big fan as have been the folks I've shared these with. They're definitely a unique take on making a "healthier" chocolate. These get a raving two thumbs up all around.

A serving, 3 jumbles, is 140 calories or 4 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment