Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Trader Joe's Organic Sriracha and Roasted Garlic BBQ Sauce

When I spotted the Trader Joe's Organic Sriracha and Roasted Garlic BBQ Sauce I was immediately excited. I happen to be a huge fan of sriracha, garlic and BBQ sauce (even though I truly don't have BBQ sauce very often). So to have the best of three worlds morphed into one ... I had to give it a try.

What sold me almost immediately in store (outside of just the flavor) was the fact the nutrition facts are quite fabulous for a BBQ sauce. Typically the BBQ sauces sold in my local grocery store are so high in calories, fat and sugars that they're not even worth it. Since I have enjoyed some of the other BBQ sauces (and sauces in general) at Trader Joe's over the years, I decided this was a must have.

I notice the flavor of this BBQ sauce intensifies depending on what you use it on and how concentrated the serving is on the item you're putting it on. I've put it over grilled chicken that I ate alongside brown rice and brussel sprouts and I found it takes on a smoky/sweet flavor. Whereas I've also had the same dish in a mush smaller portion with 2 tbsp of BBQ sauce on it and I found the heat in it is very well known. The sriracha comes out swinging and your mouth is left feeling heated and tingly, but certainly not on fire. Then on the flip side if I have a small taste of it, it tastes like a sweet smoky BBQ sauce. As much as I love garlic, and I can see the pieces of garlic running throughout the BBQ sauce I certainly don't pick up any garlic notes. Ideally once you roast garlic it takes on a sweeter flavor, which is more than likely the reason why it's not so in your face.

Overall I really, really enjoy this BBQ sauce. It's unique and unlike any other sauce that I've tried on the market. I'm anticipating using this on the grill this summer, perhaps even mixing it into some ground beef and making sriracha roasted garlic BBQ burgers. Sound amazing, huh?

A serving, 2 tbsp, is 50 calories or 1 points plus value.

1 comment:

  1. We are egyptian dry garlic company , we can supply to you dry garlic White and Violet and red , our garlic quality like quality garlic chinese and it has multi cloves
    If you are interested please contact us as below to send to you all details
    Faithfully
    Mohammad abdu
    Mobile : 00201224409802
    Skype : bisegypt30
    @ : mohammedabdellatef1985@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete