Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Skinny Cow Milk Chocolate Blissful Truffle bars

I had heard so much about the new Skinny Cow Milk Chocolate Blissful Truffle Bars that I went in search for them, for what felt like, ever. Any time I was in Target, I'd make a trip back to their candy aisle and scour the shelves and end cap displays. I'd come up empty handed for the longest time ... until one random afternoon I spotted them at my local Target and snagged a box (they're also available in dark chocolate).
 
From the rave reviews these were getting, I hyped these up to be mind blowingly delicious. I'm a pretty big fan of Skinny Cow treats (candy and ice creams) so comparing them to past favorites I anticipated these to move quickly to the top of that list. Unfortunately, they didn't and fell completely flat. The chocolate itself is a smooth chocolate ... but the "blissful truffle bar" was such a dud. The bar is boring.
 
The truffle bar is airy, which reminded me of that airy chocolate bar Hershey had put out a while back, which was a total flop. The chocolate that covered the truffle bar was boring. The whole thing was such a disappointing fail. So disappointing in fact that I brought the box to work and dumped the contents into my departments candy jar.
 
A bar is 130 calories or 3 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment