Sunday, April 5, 2015

Skinny Cow Creamy Iced Coffee Drink - Vanilla Latte

I'm an avid coffee fan ... but I'm very particular about how I take my coffee. I decided to go out on a limb and give the Skinny Cow Creamy Iced Coffee Drink in Vanilla Latte a try.
 
Hearing "iced coffee" I assumed these would be in the refrigerator section of my local grocery store. But surprisingly enough these were stocked in the drink aisle, alongside some of the iced tea beverages. There are three flavors available (my store only had two) so I opted to go with the vanilla latte. I popped it in the fridge and let it sit for a few days before deciding to give it a try.
 
Upon first sip .. I was completely disappointed. The drink tastes like someone poured a glass of milk and grabbed a squeeze bottle of that artificial coffee flavored syrup, poured some in and mixed it up and tried to pull it off as an iced coffee. It tastes like a chocolate milk that's got a coffee flavor to it. It's sweet, it's moderately thick ... and it's really, really not worth it. It reminded me of the Special K Protein coffee drinks they launched which I was repulsed by. Truth be told ... I wouldn't repurchase these, even if I had a coupon that made them free. This was just not my cup of tea.
 
A serving, 1 bottle, is 120 calories or 3 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment