Sunday, April 26, 2015

Trader Joe's Ode to the Classic Potato Chips

Potato chips are one of those snacks that I have always enjoyed. I blame this on my mother who is a potato chip lover to the core. When I was younger, we had a few local potato chip factories that made homemade potato chips that they would sell in various size bags. They were some of the freshest potato chips you could get. Since those locations have since become extinct our taste buds have ventured into packaged potato chips.
 
It feels like many moons ago that I purchased a bag of Trader Joe's Ode to the Classic Potato Chips and I haven't looked back since. These potato chips are some of the truest form of potato chips that you can buy (particularly in comparison to the old school potato chip factories that were in my area). There are three main ingredients that make up this product and they are as simple as simple can be. Potatoes, Salt and Sunflower Oil. That's it! No artificial ingredients, no fats, no chemically altered/colored product.
 
The chips are light and crispy. If you're a potato chip fan ... I'd say they're what you'd get if Lay's and Utz potato chip companies had a baby. They're a perfect blend of crisp potato chips, slightly thick (enough that you can dip these in dip without them breaking), but at the same time are light and airy. Even my mother, who is the biggest potato chip critic I know even loves these. She says they're one of her favorite potato chips ... and that's saying a lot.
 
These are undoubtedly a repurchase. I'm not even sure what has taken me so long to post a formal review on these. Try them ... you'll thank me later.
 
A serving, 1 ounce (roughly 17 chips), is 150 calories or 4 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment