Saturday, April 4, 2015

Trader Joe's Chocolate Mousse Eggs

An upcoming holiday can only mean one thing in the "bakery" section of Trader Joe's ... that is unique little desserts for the holiday. On one of my last trips to the store, I spotted and picked up a package of the Trader Joe's Chocolate Mousse Eggs. They were simply adorable and I figured it could be a nice little treat with a cup of tea/coffee.
 
The cakes are small ... a little bigger than a mini cupcake and come 6 per pack. The cakes are egg shaped and the tops and sides are coated in a thinner layer of chocolate. The tops of the egg cakes are little drizzled icing to give the appearance of colorful Easter eggs.  The cake layer is moist, the mousse is a rich delicate chocolate mousse and the chocolate is a smooth milk chocolate. Together, it's light, satisfying and a good dose of chocolate. They're not overly sweet, but I found them to be just right.
 
They had a refreshing quality to them, which is weird to say, but I want to say it was due to the fact it's just a very light dessert. I could have one and was satisfied.  I gave one to my niece when she stayed over and she enjoyed the cake, eating the whole thing. So, they're kid approved (but really, what child doesn't enjoy chocolate ... or cake?).
 
A serving, 1 egg, is 100 calories or 3 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment