Monday, May 25, 2015

Trader Joe's Curry Chicken Tenders

I remember trying these Trader Joe's Curry Chicken Tenders many, many moons ago and I just never went back and revisited them. I think it was due to the fact I tried cooking them in a grill pan on the stove and it just turned into a mess. So I gave it some time and this time decided to bake them in the oven to make life easier and make the chicken cook the way I wanted it to.

Now, I am a fan of curry ... but for the most part I tend to eat Jamaican curry. Curry spices vary region to region, and with that change the overall flavor and spice category widely varies. For this particular dish I find this to be more of a mild American flavored curry. Where it's got a little bit of smokey flavor to it, but it's certainly not spicy on the tongue. There's more of a turmeric and cumin flavor to it than the general spicy heat that can come with other varieties of curry seasoning.

The package states to grill up the tenders but I opted to bake mine in the oven and I found they came out perfectly. I baked them at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes and removed them from the oven when done. I allowed them to cool before packaging up into containers for meals during the week.

Overall, they're not bad. The only thing I wasn't a huge fan of was that on some of the tenders you could see visible pieces of fat/cartilage. To some that wouldn't be bothersome, but I'm a person who cleans their meat free of any trace of fat/cartilage/etc.

A serving, 4 ounces, is 160 calories or 4 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment