Thursday, May 28, 2015

Late July Snacks Bacon Habanero Tortilla Chips

I picked up a bag of the Late July Snacks - Bacon Habanero Tortilla Chips on a quick trip through Whole Foods one day. I have seen the Late July brand of tortilla chips at my local grocery stores but for the most part they only have the plain or bean varieties. Considering I've got a weak spot for Doritos I figured I'd give these a whirl, especially since bacon habanero sounded amazing.
The chips turned out to be exceptionally delicious. They're very reminiscent of Doritos with that crunchy tortilla chip style chip which is flavored well with a smokey spicy seasoning. Initially the spice isn't quite noticeable but it does creep up on you. I wouldn't say these are firehouse hot, they're a nice subtle heat with a nice smokey undertone which plays off the whole "bacon" vibe. There's also a subtle sweetness to them that aids in masking the habanero heat on the first few chips.

Unfortunately I've only been able to find these at Whole Foods. I've rolled the dice in hopes to find them at other specialty stores that offer Late July Snacks, but I've yet to be successful outside of Whole Foods.
A serving, 1 ounce (roughly 12 chips) is 130 calories or 4 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment