Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Trader Joe's Peanut Butter & Jelly Greek Yogurt

On a trip into Trader Joe's I specifically made a bee-line to the dairy section to pick up a few containers of the Trader Joe's Peanut Butter & Jelly Greek Yogurt. I had seen a picture of them on Instagram and since I am quite the fan of Greek yogurt I knew I had to give this one a go.

I decided to have this as a snack before heading out for the afternoon. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was hoping for pure awesomeness. At first it tastes very much like peanut butter. Second taste it tastes like a muted peanut butter and jelly. Third taste, it tastes like slightly tangy Greek yogurt. Then you pause and cycle back through all those steps again. Overall, it's decent, not the worst Greek yogurt I've tried, but certainly not the best. I wish the jelly flavor (strawberry) were a little more prominent but that's probably my only complaint.
 
The yogurt certainly didn't satisfy my want for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It hinted towards it, but didn't hit it dead on. I wasn't wowed but I also wasn't grossed out. I guess you can say, I was left kind of "eh" about it where I could take it or leave it. Do I think it justified the calories/points? Not at all. But it was something worth trying, at least once.

A serving is 170 calories or 5 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment