Saturday, May 9, 2015

Trader Joe's Mango & Cream Bars

I've seen the Trader Joe's Mango & Cream Bars time and time again but had yet to pick them up for a variety of reasons (not going home right away, deciding to get them 'next time', etc.) That is until recently ... the weathers been getting nicer and that only means I want a nice sweet treat as a reward for putting up with the change in weather.

I admit I saw on the box there were 8 bars in a pack. I admit I sized up the box trying to figure out how big these bars may be. Upon opening the box I learned they are actually smaller than I imagined (there's also a little more breathing room in the box than I assumed there would be). Case in point the bars are small but not teeny tiny. There's also no stick to hold onto - the bars are packaged in sort of a "push up pop" fashion (minus any plastic or tools). You merely unwrap it and use the wrapping as your stick to keep your fingers from freezing off.

Taste wise it's very much mango. It's along the lines of a very smooth tasting mango Popsicle. The outside edge is a slightly thick cream which really brings the two flavors together and smooths them out. It mellows out some of the natural sweetness of the mango flavoring and makes it refreshing. It brings fourth a bit of an ice cream vibe while also maintaining that Popsicle flare.


Overall, it's rally unique and tasty. The bars are undoubtedly refreshing, spring/summer approved and a new favorite of mine.

A serving, 1 bar, is 60 calories or 2 points plus OR you can have 2 bars for 120 calories or 3 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment