Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Trader Joe's Zesty Southwestern Style Stuffed Chicken Breast

After seeing the Trader Joe's Zesty Southwestern Style Stuffed Chicken Breast on Instagram, they were immediately put on my list of things to try. Unfortunately for a while they were near extinct at my local Trader Joe's until over a month ago when I finally found them in the refrigerated meat/butcher section.
 
The chicken breast are sold raw and they are coated in a blend of spices, cheese, tortilla chips and sliced black olives while the chicken breast is also stuffed with cheese and pepper. The cooking directions are perfect because the chicken cooks evenly and still has a level of moistness to it without being dry as a bone.
 
The directions call to put the chicken breast in a baking dish (I choose to line mine with foil to make for easy clean up). Cover the chicken breast with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Then remove the foil and return it back to the oven to bake for an additional 25-30 minutes When all done baking you're left with a crispy exterior, gooey cheese and just a spectacular tasting chicken.  To me it tastes as though you're having chicken tacos because you get that southwestern spice, while the cheese, olives and tortilla strips add more to the taco ambiance of you will.
 
I am such a fan of these chicken breasts that I have made trips up to Trader Joe's nearly weekly just to pick up another package. I find I enjoy the chicken best alongside a garden salad. This way I can have an enjoyable piece of chicken (7-8 ounces) alongside some fresh greens.

A serving, 5 ounces, is 190 calories or 5 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment