Sunday, May 31, 2015

Trader Joe's Jalapeno Greek Yogurt Dip

In an attempt to make a healthy snack fresh vegetables, I decided to pick up a container of the Trader Joe's Jalapeno Greek Yogurt Dip. I wasn't entirely sure what to expect flavor wise, but I only hoped it would be delicious ... and I have to say, it really is.

With Greek yogurt dips I find they really are give or take. Sometimes they are a huge win, other times they are a huge fail. This dip itself is a huge win (so much win I've repurchased it a few times). The consistency of the dip is along the lines of looser than a chip dip, which is perfect to dip fresh veggies into. It's perfectly jalapeno, offering a nice almost bold spice - it's definitely clearly there but it's certainly not so spicy that your taste buds are overwhelmed. It's far more enjoyable than say the ranch veggie dip that's sold at most grocery stores. Plus, since it's not as thick your taste buds aren't just getting all dip and cancelling out the natural flavor of the vegetable you're dipping.

Initially I had purchased a tray of cut up vegetables at Trader Joe's and found the combination perfectly complimented the jalapeno flavor. Jicama, cherry tomatoes, baby carrots and sugar snap peas. All went pleasantly with the dip but as would snap peas, broccoli, celery, and bell peppers etc.

A serving, 2 tbsp, is 50 calories or 1 points plus values.

1 comment:

  1. I loved it too! Great for my diet!!! I miss it. Too bad i cant get it :( major diet bummer

    ReplyDelete