Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Trader Joe’s Caramel Corn

I purchased a bag of Trader Joe’s Caramel Corn which feels like many moons ago. I love caramel corn, so I tucked it away until I could feel comfortable with an open bag in the house.

When I think of caramel corn I immediately think of Poppycock which is overpoweringly sweet but decadent. I was pleased to find an alternative which is a slightly ‘lighter” option. A ½ cup of Poppycock is 160 calories (which I have to point out also includes nuts mixed up with the popcorn and caramel coating). The Trader Joe’s caramel corn is a nice, crunchy caramel corn, but it’s not sickeningly sweet.  Admittedly it can get overbearing on the sweet tooth if you have more than a serving. The caramel coating isn’t as thick as some of the other caramel corns on the market – but it definitely does the job. If you’re a fan of caramel corn with nuts included in the mix, this may not entirely tickle your fancy. If you don’t mind it sans nuts (or even prefer it that way) this is a winner. I quite enjoyed this because it gave me the crunch and the sweet that I was looking for while leaving me satisfied with a serving size.

A serving is 1 oz (roughly ¾ cup) which is 120 calories or 3 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment