Tuesday, April 15, 2014

LUNA Protein Chocolate Coconut Almond

LUNA came out with a few new flavors in their protein line, one being LUNA Protein Chocolate Coconut Almond and I was gracious enough to receive a sample of both to put to the test.  I typically have protein bars whenever I’m in the mood for either a snack (but a higher protein snack) or if I need something quick after a workout. One of the good things with these bars, is that each LUNA bar is gluten free, has 12 grams of protein and has 4 core vitamins: folic acid, calcium, vitamin d and iron.

The bars themselves have a nice and noticeable coconut and almond flavor. I find with each bite one flavor (alternating between the two) becomes more prominent over the other. There are decent chunks of almonds throughout the bar. The chocolate coating gives it a bit of a healthier candy bar vibe. If you closed your eyes you might be able to trick yourself into thinking it was a healthier alternative on an Almond Joy. I will say, this does have a mild protein bar aftertaste, but it’s honestly not that bad nor is it as overwhelming as some of the other protein bars I have tried. The flavor didn’t linger – it was noticeable as I was almost done chewing and the overall aftertaste went away shortly after eating it.

A bar is 180 calories or 5 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment