Saturday, April 5, 2014

Target Haul: New Swim Suit!

Years ago when I walked into a clothing store at the end of winter/beginning of spring and would sigh. Swimsuits? Get out of here! Living in New England spring can be sprung, but it can still snow the next day. The weather was never really an issue for me, but it was the fact when I was overweight I never wanted to be caught dead in a swimsuit. I never wanted to go ANYWHERE near the water (and not just because I can’t swim) because I never wanted to face the reality that I was extremely overweight. I didn’t want people to look at me and whisper things … I just didn’t want to be uncomfortable. So for years, I wore big baggy stretch waist shorts and big ole t-shirts. I was covered up as much as possible so I could “hide myself”.

As I started to lose weight I began to develop self confidence. I started to love myself and best of all I started to not care what other people thought about me. I’ve put in a lot of work to feel and physically look the way I do today …  so I’m gonna do whatever it takes to make me feel happy/proud. Last year I bought myself my first 2-piece bathing suit. It was a tankini with a pair of matching black shorts.

About a week or so ago, I was walking through Target and noticed these striped blue and white tankini tops and I was instantly attracted to it. Unfortunately they didn’t have my size in the blue and white so I opted for the red and white. It’s very “sailor-ish” and I absolutely LOVE it. I found a pair of matching bottoms which are very tight blue shorts. Definitely something last year I probably would’ve shied away from even looking at. But this year it went right into my cart, with me to checkout and home with me to tuck away for summer …or perhaps for my trip to Florida at the end of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment