Monday, April 7, 2014

Skinnygirl Banana Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Nutrition Bar


I had been on the lookout for these new Skinnygirl Banana Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Nutrition Bars but continued to come up empty handed … that being because I was looking in the wrong section! Incase you’re on the lookout for these … they will be in the healthcare nutrition supplement section of Target. I’m not positive if these are sold elsewhere, but I’ve only purchased them at Target stores.

I enjoy snack bars but sometimes I am on the lookout for a bar that’s going to give me a little more bang for my buck (meaning nutrition and protein wise).  I haven’t tried any Skinny Girl products in the past so I wasn’t necessarily drawn to the brand itself … but I was drawn to the flavor of the bar. I’ll be honest; I’m a sucker for banana flavored items, particularly banana oatmeal. After cracking the bar open I have to say … this bar is what I would describe as “money.” It’s flavorful – oatmeal banana and the dark chocolate is smooth, slightly sweet and really brings the whole thing together and knocks it out of the park. I’m not the biggest dark chocolate fan but it accompanies all flavorings fabulously. Definitely a fan and these get 2 thumbs up from me.

These are slightly pricey, yet comparable in line with other nutrition/protein bars on the market. They sell for $5.99 a box at Target.

A serving is 150 calories and 4 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment