Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Edy’s Slow Churned Coffee & Cookies Delight

tends to be my “go to” brand of choice when it comes to ice cream in half gallon containers. I noticed a new limited edition bakery treats flavor so I picked up the Edy’s Slow Churned Coffee & Cookies Delight.

I’m a big coffee fan … that is coffee the beverage, but I am known to enjoy an occasional coffee flavored ice cream. The flavor just struck my fancy, particularly with the description “coffee light ice cream with chocolaty covered cookie pieces”. Admittedly I had a “coffee and cookies?!” moment and I found it to be a match made in dessert heaven. Taste wise, it’s very much a coffee flavored ice cream … so if you’re not a fan of coffee or coffee ice cream, then this won’t be satisfying. The chocolaty covered cookie pieces aren’t as prominent in the ice cream as I’ve seen pretzels/cookies in other flavors. My final verdict? It is a good ice cream, you certainly get the bang for your calorie buck  and it satisfies the sweet tooth… but it’s not the best ice cream I’ve ever had. It’s decent, but not mind blowing fabulous.

A ½ cup serving is 110 calories or 3 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment