Thursday, September 4, 2014

Trader Joe's Caramel Cashew Cookies

Time and time again while shopping at Trader Joe's I've noticed these Trader Joe's Caramel Cashew Cookies. What constantly intrigued me was the fact they had caramel AND cashews in them. I love cashews ... they're one of my favorite nuts to snack on. So immediately I was thinking ... cashews, caramel ... these cookies have to be fabulous.

Sadly ... that thought was a complete bust. The cookies flavor is good, it's got a butter cookie, caramel flavor and there are bits of cashew pieces throughout them. But the TEXTURE of these cookies is ridiculous. These are not cookies… these are rocks. By that I mean, small rocks that are flavored well. Truthfully these cookies were SO hard it makes them not enjoyable. It reminds me of a rock hard biscotti cookie that's been overcooked and left out too long. Adults and even kids turned down the cookies after trying one.

You would have to drown them in coffee or milk to get them to soften up. I like to be able to enjoy my dessert or snacks and I didn’t find these to be enjoyable. They're so lackluster that the container has been out for the taking and so far people eat one ... and don't want anymore because they're too hard.  I'm not sure if I got a dud container but they’re going back to Trader Joe’s.

A serving, 3 cookies is 140 calories or 4 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment