Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Jif Whips Limited Edition Pumpkin Pie Spice

I'm a self proclaimed pumpkin lover. After all fall is my favorite season ... and pumpkin is one of my favorite flavors. There's just something about it that's warm, cozy and just plain delicious. While in Target, I spotted the new Jif Whips Limited Edition Pumpkin Pie Spice and popped the container into my cart.
 
All I could think was ... pumpkin pie meets peanut butter? This must be amazingness in a tub. Unfortunately, that was just a thought.
 
I was in the mood for peanut butter toast ... so I opted to make that as my snack. I opened the jar and found it has a pumpkin pie/peanut butter scent. Scooping some out it has a very light, airy and soft texture which makes spreading it out a breeze. Then came the taste test ... and it was a fail from there.  The peanut butter tastes like ... nothing. There is no real distinct pumpkin pie flavor, nor is there any real peanut butter flavor. It tastes like a tub of airy nothingness. There's an underlying cinnamon flavor (which I don't mind since I love cinnamon) but for others it might be a bit overwhelming. I was so let down and turned off by it I ended up chucking my toast into the garbage.
 
Since I won't eat this as is ... I'm thinking of possibly trying to add it into some baking. Maybe pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cake/bars, etc. Just something to add a little extra protein without letting my money go to waste. We'll see ... because if it's a fail in baking ... it's going into the trash. Needless to say I am not a fan.
 
A serving, 2 tablespoons, is 140 calories or 4 points plus values.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shannon. I found your blog while looking for something else, and I'm so glad I stumbled in here. Your journey is an inspiration. I just wanted to say "Ditch the Jif." It's not real peanut butter anyway, and if you don't like it, nothing you do is going to make it better. Although you could try taking it back to the store and telling them you don't like it. You might get your money back! If you shop a Costco, try the Kirkland natural peanut butter. I'd rather take the points hit for something real and truly tasty. Now, I'm off to explore the rest of your site. :)

    ReplyDelete