Saturday, October 18, 2014

Apple 'pie' ala Yogurt

I had some Greek yogurt in the refrigerator but it didn't sound so good to have on its own. I didn't have any fresh berries in the house and I wanted a little extra oomph with my protein packed snack. That's when the light bulb went off in my head and I realized ... hey, I have apples galore. Why not cut up an apple, sprinkle a little cinnamon over it and nuke it in the microwave for a minute?
 
So that's exaftly what I did. I cut up a medium sized apple into bite size pieces, sprinkled it with a touch of cinnamon, drizzled in 1 tsp of water and popped the bowl into the microwave for 1 minute. When done I set the bowl in the refrigerator to cool down a tad for a few minutes. When removed (the apples were warm but not scalding hot) I topped them with some caramel apple Greek yogurt and it was one of the best snacks/desserts I've had in a long time. A guiltless snack that only cost me 2 points plus values!

No comments:

Post a Comment