Thursday, October 9, 2014

Trader Joe's Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins

Last year I saw the Trader Joe's Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins for sale when fall time (aka pumpkin season). I didn't pick them up last year but I decided to give them a shot this year.
 
The muffins are pretty decent in size - they're slightly bigger than your "average size" muffin. Flavor wise - they're a very mild pumpkin. I think I was expecting them to be spiced as most pumpkin baked goods tend to be. But these are not spicy, cinnamony, sweet or nutmeggy - they've got a true mild pumpkin flavor to them and frankly are on the plainer side of the equation. The muffin itself is not sweet at all. They're topped with crunchy pumpkin seeds which give them a bit of added crunch. While the cream cheese that's in the middle of the muffin - I found to be slightly odd in texture. It's got a gummy quality to it, but overall it's not a bad flavor. I do have texture issues with food so the texture of the cream cheese really threw me off. Regardless, it does compliment the pumpkin muffin and gives it a very mild sweetness.
 
I wouldn't go out on a limb and say these are the best pumpkin desserts I have tried from Trader Joe's. They're decent ... but I think next time around I'll stick to buying a box of pumpkin bars or pumpkin cake mix.
 
Each muffin is 330 calories or 9 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment