Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Trader Joe's Coconut Creamer

I'm a coffee lover ... but I don't like having my coffee filled with unnecessary calories. Years ago I cut back from being an extra cream, extra-extra sugar kind of girl to stopping coffee all together. After some time kicking the caffeine habit I went back to having coffee, but this time with skim milk and Splenda. Even today, I'm a stickler and don't really like "wasting" points/calories on drinks. Occasionally I'll allow myself a 1-point splurge for a large ice coffee with skim milk.
 
But since I'm always on the hunt for some lower point options for milk/cream in my coffee I was pretty excited when I spotted this Trader Joe's Coconut Creamer on the shelf. I've tried almond milks in my coffee in the past and I've found the unsweetened variety just didn't give a presentable appearance to my coffee. It made it a muddy brown color and you could see the almond 'specks' floating around/settling to the bottom of the cup ... and it just grossed me out. So when I saw this I was all sorts of excited. Reason being because creamers are known to be thicker in consistency (which means I could use less and get a better suited color to my coffee).
 
The creamer is moderately thick in consistency, white in color and creamy. Since it is coconut creamer, it does have a very faint coconut flavor to it, but it's not something you'll truly notice in your cup of joe (well, unless you're using a lot of it). Overall I have found I truly enjoy this and will undoubtedly repurchase.

A 1 tbsp serving is 5 calories or 0 points plus. You can have up to 4 tbsp for 0 points plus values.

1 comment: