Sunday, December 7, 2014

Starkist Tuna Salad - Albacore

After I tried the Starkist Tuna Salad and was told they had an Albacore version - I went on the hunt. I finally found the Starkist Tuna Salad - Albacore one day in Wal-Mart so I picked up 2 packs. If I make a tuna sandwich - it's always with albacore so I figured this would be a good convenience food to have on hand at my desk at work.
 
One afternoon I was in the need of a protein boost, so I opened a package and put it over a very small garden salad. The tuna salad I found to be rather plain with no flavor. The plus side was that it has mayonnaise in it and was a solid white tuna fish. This can be jazzed up with a little sprinkle of salt and pepper ... and if you enjoy a little pizzazz with your tuna, a little crushed hot peppers or even banana pepper rings. I can't say it's one of my favorites but it's good to have on hand as a purely convenience food.

A pouch is 100 calories or 2 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment