Sunday, December 29, 2013

Weight Watchers Your Success Kit Haul

Every time Weight Watchers comes out with a new plan (this year it’s “Simple Start”) the new products roll out as well. I purchased the kit last year primarily for a few of the items within the kit … and this year the same thing went for the Your Success Kit!  Although there were a large number of items I was looking forward to giving a try.

The first thing that drew me in was the bag – which doubles as a lunch bag.  They come available in 3 shades – a zebra print with a brown flap, a gorgeous psychedelic pink with swirls running throughout it, and a classic blue plaid. I went back and fourth, for what seemed like an eternity, and decided on the plaid. I truly wanted the pink but decided to play it on the “safer” side of the fence.

The second thing that drew me in was the cookbook.  I am a sucker for Weight Watchers cookbooks … but the fact this cookbook was geared more towards simple start/simply filling I was intrigued. Simply filling (or as it’s being coined now: simple start) has always been an option with Weight Watchers. Many members follow that portion of the program and have found success with it. I’ve never dabbled in it for a few different reasons – one of those reasons being figuring out a menu which would be enjoyable for all in my family. With a cookbook, I could gather ideas and make it simpler than going to the drawing board with a blank mind.

The third item that drew me in was the Find Your Fingerprint book. This book is very much like the success book which was available in the prior kit. It’s a book that has available spaces to write in answers to the questions being posed regarding your individual successes/speed bumps/etc. It’s like a Mad Lib but a serious one which is coined towards your individual success regarding your weight loss. The prior success book pulled me out of a slump I was going through the prior year so it’ll be a fun learning tool to use this time around.

The fourth item which really captured my attention was the steaming bowl. I’m a sucker for kitchen gadgets (the collapsible measuring cups totally sold me last time around!) so this was pretty exciting. Being able to bring fresh veggies with me on the go, adding a bit of water to the bowl and having them freshly steamed for me? Score!

The final item that truly sealed the deal for me was the pack of workout “playing cards”.  This is an ingenious little tool to include in the kit. It’s your “classic” playing card which lists the area the workout will target, while when you turn the card over, it demonstrates and explains a workout to target that area of the body.  The workouts can be done anywhere – at home, at the gym, on the go, etc. It really pulls away the excuse to workout, even for 10 minutes, from the comfort of your own home.

Of course there are the staple Points Plus value stickers and Power Food stickers, the $45 worth of coupons (that can be used in your grocery store or WW meeting location – a coupon being for a free calculator and calculator sticker cover [which if you already have you can get a free box of bars … but I feel a free cookbook or something would’ve been a better incentive]), and the 12-week Plan & Track book.  The Plan & Track books are being sold separately at meeting locations for those folks who paper track. I happen to be an online or mobile device tracker, so this is something I’ll keep around and perhaps one day dust off and give paper tracking a go.

So far, I’m happy with my purchase.

QUESTION:
Have you or are you planning on purchasing the your success kit?

No comments:

Post a Comment