Friday, December 27, 2013

Trader Joe’s Mini Gingerbread Men

Aaahhh … Trader Joe’s Mini Gingerbread Men cookies! One of my FAVORITE limited edition snacks at Trader Joe’s this time of the year! I first stumbled upon these cookies last year while shopping. I originally wasn’t sure I’d like them, but one of the employees at the time graciously opened the pack to let me sample … and I was sold. So sold, that I picked up another box this year!

The cookies are miniature gingerbread men which definitely have a gingerbread flavoring to them. They’re not as overwhelming as some gingerbread cookies can be, but these do have an underlying ginger flavor that is noticeable on the palette especially as you’re chewing and/or are done chewing. The cookie is crispy, yet as you chew it, it’s got a bit of a slight chewiness to it. The backside of the cookie has a white fudge icing on it to give it a hint of sweetness. I will say these can be a bit of double hitter – meaning you want to eat more than the serving size.  I’ve found when I take out my cookies, I shove them into the way back portion of the cabinet and work on “forgetting” they are there.

A serving is 3 cookies, which is 120 calories of 3 points plus values.

QUESTION:
Have you ever tried Trader Joe`s Mini Gingerbread Men?

No comments:

Post a Comment