Wednesday, December 11, 2013

DiGiorno Thin & Crispy Pepperoni and Peppers Pizza


Pizza is one of my favorite foods, so I like to keep frozen pizza on hand incase dinner/lunch plans go array.  This past weekend I really felt like pizza so I opted to pull out a new pizza to give it a try.  While grocery shopping a few weeks ago I purchased the DiGiorno Thin & Crispy Pepperoni and Peppers Pizza.

I was surprised to see a true thin crust pizza on the shelf by DiGiorno. I realize there are frozen pizza companies that sell “thin crust” pizzas which truly aren’t what thin crust pizza is supposed to be. What interested me even further is that the pizzas for the most part contain 2 servings.  I opted to go with the pepperoni and pepper figuring my boyfriend would share it with me (which he did).

The pizza itself is pretty good. The sauce although isn’t what I typically expect from DiGiorno (or perhaps their Pizzeria! line has totally spoiled my taste buds).  It’s mediocre in the sauce department, meaning it tastes more on the plain side than packed with flavor and seasoning.  Topping wise it’s on point. There’s a good amount of cheese and the pepperoni and peppers are plentiful and are scattered over the whole pizza.   The crust is thin, but thick enough to give you a nice moderately puffy crust (which is my favorite)!. Size wise, it’s smaller than an average DiGiorno pizza, it’s about the size of a medium pizza.  Alongside a side salad it’s a perfect meal.

A serving is ½ the pizza, which is 370 calories or 9 points plus values.

QUESTION:
Have you tried any of the new DiGiorno thin and crispy crust pizzas?

No comments:

Post a Comment