Sunday, December 1, 2013

Trader Joe’s Satay Peanut Sauce Grilled Chicken Breast



While shopping one day the Trader Joe’s Satay Peanut Sauce caught my eye and I decided to pick it up. I’ve wanted peanut chicken for a while, and since I had never truthfully had peanut satay I decided it’d be a great opportunity to try something new.  Since I had chicken breast out for dinner I decided to create an experimental dish … and I’m glad to say it turned out well!

The sauce itself is very thick, actually thicker than I expected it to be. It’s definitely not a sauce I’d add on top of a dish, but it’s a sauce that I’d incorporate with my dish (protein or even a noodle dish) that had other items in it to help thin it out just a tad. It’s got a rather potent peanut flavor (expected) but the flavor category in itself is rather mild. I’m big on very bold and noticeable flavors and this is mediocre on its own.

I had 5 Perdue Perfect Portions chicken breasts to prepare for dinner. So I added it all to a bowl, added in a tablespoon of minced garlic, 1 teaspoon of sesame oil and 3 tablespoons of Trader Joe’s Satay Peanut Sauce.  I mixed everything together and let it marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours.  I grilled the chicken in my non-stick grill pan and it came out pretty well.

The sauce held up well while grilling, it didn’t completely burn or smoke up my kitchen.  The chicken turned out to be mild with a small hint of spice in the background. This is a sauce I’ll use up, but I’ll make sure to add other flavor categories to it to help boost the flavor category.

A 1 tablespoon serving is 25 calories or 1 points plus value.

QUESTION:
Have you tried the Satay Peanut sauce?



No comments:

Post a Comment