Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Sautéed Bananas w/ Salted Caramel ice cream

This has been my favorite dessert this past week! And by favorite I mean I have had it every single night. But I can say (proudly/sadly?) that this love affair has ended momentarily because we are out of the salted caramel ice cream and we don’t have very many bananas left. I’m saying this is a good thing because 1) I don’t want to get sick of it and 2) I have other items to enjoy.

This is truly a very simple dessert to whip together. The first night I made myself one, my boyfriend walked into the kitchen and wanted bananas with his ice cream.

I spray a non-stick pan with Pam then place the pan over medium-high heat. I break up a banana into smaller pieces and allow them to start to brown up a tad. I sprinkle the top with cinnamon and just start cooking it, while stirring it all together so it doesn’t burn. When done (it’ll be a nice golden yellow color) I place it into the bottom of the bowl and top with a ½ cup of ice cream of my choice.

The particular ice cream I have been loving with this combination is the Edy’s (or Dreyer’s) Limited Edition Salted Caramel Ice Cream. The ice cream has caramel swirls in it while it also has pieces of salty pretzel in it. That salty combination with the sweet bananas is just money. I realize this is limited edition and was released around summer/fall time but I’ve still seen this sold at Target locations.

The greatest part? This entire dessert is ONLY 3 points plus values!

No comments:

Post a Comment