Thursday, October 8, 2015

Dunkin Donuts Iced Pumpkin Macchiato

I used to not be much of a Dunkin Donuts girl. That is until my boyfriend introduced me to the dark side (that being the Chips Ahoy iced coffee - which sadly they no longer carry). Seeing all the hype online about Dunkin's offering macchiato's ... I decided to give it a try. So, on my way back to work on my lunch break I decided to pick up a large Dunkin Donuts Iced Pumpkin Macchiato.

The iced macchiato is a layered beverage which includes brewed espresso, milk (your choice of whole or skim), ice and pumpkin swirl flavoring. Personally I find the pumpkin swirl to be sweet enough that a large only needed 1 packet of sugar substitute (equal/splenda). The milk is actually flavored with the pumpkin swirl and the espresso is then layered in over the ice and milk to create that gradient effect.

Of course the moment I was given my beverage, I made sure to swirl it all together using my straw to incorporate all the flavors together. I'm not one for a bold shot of espresso without milk or sweetener involved. The macchiato itself is very good. It's got the classic boldness from the espresso, the sweet pumpkin flavor and I found the two extremes in flavors really balance themselves out.

The only cringe worthy part was the price tag. In my area, a large (after meal tax) was $4.27. Granted, it's still cheaper than going to Starbucks (which a venti would actually be smaller than Dunks version - you'd have to stretch for a trenta to compete). But in comparison to the 2 large iced I can get for 80 cents more ... I think my iced pumpkin macchiato days are going to be treated as treats and not an on the regular purchase.

According to the Dunkin Donuts website, a large beverage (made with skim milk) is 100 calories or 2 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment