Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Oreo's Brownie Batter

There was so much hype around the release of the new Oreo Brownie Batter cookies that when I spotted them at my local Wal-Mart I popped a package in my cart without even batting an eyelash. Truth be told, Oreo's are one of my all time favorite cookies (the original being my favorite of them all). Since I typically don't buy the original Oreo's I find myself sampling the limited edition flavors since for some reason I can handle those in portion sizes.

I had these bad boys tucked away in the closet (out of sight out of mind). I decided to open them up one day and I have to say ... I'm not really impressed. Opening the package and giving the cookies a whiff, they have that brownie batter scent (which truly, is just a chocolate smell). Taking a bite of the cookie they really weren't wowing. They taste simply like a chocolate Oreo cookie - chocolate cookie shell, chocolate cookie creme. There may be a hint of brownie batter in the background ... but calling a spade a spade these are merely a chocolate Oreo cookie. Now I've never had the chocolate Oreo's they sell in stores so I can't compare the two against each other in a flavor showdown - but I'd assume they're different flavor categories. That assumption merely going on the fact I have tried the peanut butter Oreo and the Reese peanut butter cup Oreo's.

Overall I'd say these are alright ... but they're certainly not something that I'd undoubtedly repurchase. Truth be told, I'd probably skip on them if they were out for consumption at anyone's house. They're a bit of a miss for me...
A serving is 2 cookies, 140 calories or 4 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment