Monday, October 26, 2015

Quaker Chewy Girl Scouts Caramel Coconut Granola Bars

Girl Scout cookies are one of my weaknesses. Those green suits, the smiling faces and the promise of a delicious cookies usually makes me cave. This past year I was good and didn't purchase a box of my favorite cookie: Samoas/Caramel deLites. So, I guess because of that when I spotted the Quaker Chewy Girl Scouts Caramel Coconut Granola Bars at my local Target I had to buy a box.

Typically I'm not much of a granola bar fan because what you get usually isn't worth the calories/points. But for an alternative to my favorite cookie, I figured why not?

The bars, as imagined, are small but they do make up in size with flavor. They really do remind me of Samoas/Caramel deLites. The only difference is the texture (they're not as chewy) and there is no presence of coconut flakes in these bars. Other than those two tidbits these are pretty well in comparison. The bars are light, soft, and slightly chewy, while providing caramel and chocolate chip bits. They have a coconut flavor to them, but it's not as bold as it is with the Girl Scout cookies. They do pack quite a sugar kick so it'll satisfy that craving for something sweet. The only downside they're not generally satisfying (on their own).

If you're not a samoas fan there's a Thin Mint variety that's available, which I have heard is fabulous.

A serving, 1 bar, is 100 calories or 3 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment