Saturday, June 6, 2015

Trader Joe's Chunky Artichoke & Jalapeño Dip

Since I’m such a fan of the jalapeno Greek yogurt dip, I decided to pick up a container of the Trader Joe's Chunky Artichoke & Jalapeño Dip. I could tell through the packaging alone it was going to be a lot different from the other dip (outside of just the flavor profile).

The dip itself is pretty good. It is relatively thick with big chunks of artichoke running through it. It has a bit of a Greek yogurt/cream cheese flavor. Personally, I find it to be a little plain, good, but I also felt there was an absence of jalapeño flavor especially since I am in love with the Jalapeño Greek yogurt dip (which is spicy - see review here). It's got a little bit of saltiness to it, but I wasn't picking up on any true zip of flavors with the dip itself.

This particular dip I didn’t feel was really a vegetable dip. Perhaps celery would be the extent of the vegetables for this dip. I found it to be most enjoyable with some sort of a cracker. I had some everything flavored naan crackers that I used with this and enjoyed it.  Since the consistency is thicker, it’s more along the lines of a cream cheese like dip/spread for crackers.

According to the Trader Joe's website:

"Trader Joe’s Artichoke Jalapeño Dip has two creamy elements at its base: a lighter, Neufchâtel cream cheese and plain Greek yogurt. Blended together, these two create a rich, thick, creamy, tangy canvas—the ideal “blank slate” upon which to create a satisfying dip.

This one includes the eponymous artichokes and jalapeño peppers, as well as Jack cheese and a bit of garlic. It has a bit of a kick but isn’t spicy, so it’s good for all kinds of dipping. It’s delicious right out of the fridge, and takes on an entirely different taste and texture when heated briefly. Spread it on sandwiches or replace your baked potato’s sour cream with a dollop of this. Taste it. That’ll surely seal the deal."

A serving, 2 tbsp, is 60 calories or 2 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment