Thursday, June 25, 2015

High Brew Coffee Cold Brew Coffee - Salted Caramel

Cold brew coffee has become quite the rage. I've tried a few in the past but haven't tried any of the cold brews that are ready to drink (meaning they have some amount of sugar/milk in them). I spotted the High Brew Coffee Cold Brew Coffee - Salted Caramel at my local Target and decided to pick up a can to give a try.

I popped the can in the refrigerator and decided to have it alongside my breakfast one morning ... and I have to say, I was really impressed. It's a bolder coffee flavor, but it's not bitter/acidic (which is typically what cold brew is known for). It's smooth, slightly sweet and has a mild creaminess to it. The salted caramel flavor is in the background, but it's more of a subtle caramel then say a bold salted caramel.

Overall it was quite an enjoyable glass of iced coffee. I liked that the flavors all balanced well against one another, without any singular flavor category cancelling another out or being overwhelming. That reason alone, I tend to steer away from prepackaged coffee beverages (that already have sugar and cream/milk in them) because they can either be too sweet or too overly creamy. This was a perfect balance.

A serving, 1 can, is 60 calories or 2 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment