Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Trader Joe's Cilantro Salad Dressing

I have been in quite the salad rut as of late so I picked up a bottle of Trader Joe's Cilantro Salad Dressing in hopes it would transform my salad life. Truthfully, I'm not the biggest cilantro fan but I'll try (almost) anything once and since I was a fan of the Bolthouse Farms Avocado Cilantro dressing I figured this couldn't be so bad.

The consistency of the dressing is thinner, but it does have a little body to it. I found a serving is more than enough to cover a decent size salad without feeling gypped or let down. Flavor-wise, it's definitely cilantro flavored salad dressing, but it's not offensive or overwhelming on the palette. I enjoyed it on top of a salad, served alongside steak tips and a baked potato.

Some folks have stated they like to use this as a marinade. If I was to go that route, I'd certainly have to add some additional flavors to it (since I am particularly picky about my meats seasonings).

According to the Trader Joe's website: "This crisp, cool dressing begins with a reduced fat mayonnaise base, and gets both its bright color and vibrant flavor from loads of fresh cilantro. We include crumbled Cotija cheese, pasilla peppers and finely chopped pepitas (pumpkin seeds) to round out the flavor profile. It's tangy and a little sweet, an apt accompaniment to a garden salad, and an excellent addition to wraps, sandwiches, fish tacos or even a baked (or grilled) potato."

A serving, 2 tablespoons, is 45 calories or 1 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment