Sunday, September 13, 2015

Quest Protein Powder - Peanut Butter Flavor

I've heard rave reviews about Quest protein powder and since I was in the market for a new protein powder I decided to give Quest a shot. I submitted an order online and received a container of Quest Protein Powder - Peanut Butter Flavor. Out of all the flavored protein powders Quest provides, I think I have heard the most about the peanut butter so it definitely peaked my interest so I decided it was time to give it a try.

I ordered my powder from Vitacost and received it within 2-days. Finishing up my existing protein powder I waited a few days before I cracked into this baby ... and I have to say, I'm VERY impressed with this product!  A serving is a pretty substantial scoop of protein powder.  The powder itself is finely milled and reminds me a lot of powdered peanut butter (PB2). 

I added a scoop of protein to my nutribullet, 4 ice cubes, a banana, 1/2 cup cashew milk and 2/3 cup water. I let it blend and it came together perfectly. The peanut butter flavored protein is smooth, creamy, airy (not really frothy but it's got a lightness to it when blended), undoubtedly peanut buttery (it reminds me a lot of the flavor of PB2), and has no aftertaste or chalky taste. It's undoubtedly one of the best protein powders I have tried on the market. A smoothie keeps me satisfied because there's a whopping 23 grams of protein in a serving. Granted, there's not much fiber in the mix (1 gram), which would keep you satisfied longer, but if that's a concern you can always add a scoop of fiber supplement or bulk the smoothie up with other additives to keep you going.

Overall, I'm quite a fan of this and would strongly recommend it, especially if you're in the market for a good tasting protein powder that isn't chalky or unsatisfying. I'm looking forward to experimenting with this ... of course, it's perfect in a smoothie, but I think it'd be a great way to skyrocket the protein in a bowl of oatmeal or even adding the powder into pancake batter to bulk up the protein intake. The possibilities are endless.

A serving, 1 scoop, is 110 calories or 2 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment