Saturday, September 26, 2015

Coffee Mate - Chocolate Chip Cookie Creamer

I have seen the Coffee Mate Chocolate Chip Cookie Creamer at my local grocery store for months. I had refused to purchase it because I had a container of creamer I was working on finishing. Then while on a whim grocery store run I decided to pick up a bottle to try, solely because my local Dunkin Donuts are running out of their Chips Ahoy coffee syrup ... and I was looking for a suitable replacement.

Unfortunately, I didn't find a direct replacement but it is an okay substitute to have in your morning/afternoon/evening coffee if you're in the mood for something sweet. The creamer itself resembles chocolate milk. It's got a chocolate flavor to it, which for me when mixed in my coffee, comes across more like chocolate creamer than chocolate chip cookie. One thing I noticed is that it has a rich creamer flavor to it (more so than in the other creamers I tend to purchase). The creaminess to it is a slight drawback since I'm not the biggest creamer fan (granted, I only use a tablespoon at a time).

Truthfully, Dunkin Donuts set my taste buds on a high standing pedestal and in comparison to that, this doesn't even come close to meeting the mark. It's a decent creamer, but it's certainly not what I had in mind when I purchased it.

A serving, 1 tbsp, is 35 calories or 1 points plus value.

No comments:

Post a Comment