Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Harvestland Florentine Chicken Burgers

At my local wholesale club I picked up a package of the Harvestland Florentine Chicken Burgers. I've tried Harvestland products in the past and have been satisfied with them so far, so I figured I'd give these pre-cooked chicken burgers a shot.

The burgers are advertised as gluten free, antibiotic free, no animal by-products and the chickens are served an all vegetarian diet.

Since the chicken burgers are pre-cooked it makes reheating a breeze. Popping them onto a frying pan I brought them up to temperature and served as I would any normal hamburger. Topped with mustard, ketchup and some fresh lettuce and tomato I was good to go. The burgers are substantial that they're satisfying and are firm when you bite into them. I sometimes find with pre-cooked burgers the consistency can be off ... but these are along the lines of frozen hamburg patties where they stay firm in texture.

Flavor wise I wouldn't say they're overly strong. They're mild, taste like a chicken burger but there isn't any real or even strong spinach or cheese flavor that I found. In my eyes it's a way to get a little protein and (a small amount of) vegetable into your diet without really noticing it. They really aren't bad and I found I enjoy them as a convenience meal - for the days where I need something quick, but don't want to spend much time in the kitchen.

Each burger is 150 calories or 4 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment