Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Lean Cuisine Vermont White Cheddar Mac & Cheese

I'm not usually one to have a frozen dinner for lunch, particularly mac & cheese (because I have a picky palate).  But after hearing how great the Lean Cuisine Vermont White Cheddar Mac & Cheese was I decided to pick some up after finally finding them at a local Target.

According to the box the meal is made with organic pasta, no GMO ingredients and no preservatives. Granted, the sodium level is a little high - but I feel if it suits your lifestyle and you're getting in water a little extra sodium at one meal isn't going to hurt you.

All that aside, I have to say, this is one of the best frozen mac & cheeses I have tried to date. I enjoy the reduced guilt mac & cheese from Trader Joe's - but I find this one is a lot creamier in consistency. The pasta in this isn't your normal run of the mill elbow macaroni, this is a cavatappi pasta (corkscrew). The shape of the pasta certainly helps the cheesey goodness stick to the noodle. The creaminess of the dish certainly make it delicious - it'd be great with a little broccoli added to it to bulk it up, or even alongside some grilled protein. Admittedly the shape of the container it is does make it seem like you're getting gypped for the calorie intake but it's satisfying so it's well worth it.

I think the thing I like the most, outside of it being tasty, is that it has 14 grams of protein in it! That's pretty good considering it's a frozen meal. I did pair this alongside a turkey burger - but I've also had it for a 'lighter lunch" with a greek yogurt on the side. Either way, it's been satisfying and I'd undoubtedly repurchase again.

A serving, 1 container, is 260 calories or 7 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment