Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Trader Joe’s – Pumpkin Butter

Ah, Pumpkin Butter – the greatest thing I’ve eaten in a while.

I will admit I’ve had this jar in my cabinet for a few weeks now.  I originally started hunting for this toward the end of fall but I was advised that it was seasonal and unfortunately they were out.  That is until someone was in the same aisle as me, looking for pumpkin butter, and she asked one of the people working.  They found one single jar in the store and part of me went “Nooo…..”.  Thankfully on one of my next trips to TJ’s I found the pumpkin butter had been restocked on the shelf, so I immediately grabbed a jar because I knew if I waited it wouldn’t be there when I wanted it.  So fast, forward ….

What is Pumpkin Butter?  It’s like a jelly/jam that’s pumpkin flavored.  It’s smooth like butter, but not even in the same category.  It’s also incredibly diverse meaning you can use it in a number of ways – on toast, on ice cream, on meats, in recipes, etc (all at your own mercy)..  Quite confusing, but trust me, it’s amazing.  It tastes JUST like pumpkin pie.  So I guess you could say if pumpkin pie and butter had a baby this would be the end result.  Another unique combination from Trader Joe’s!

I will say, calorie wise this isn’t bad at all.  For a tablespoon serving there are 40 calories.  There’s absolutely NO fat in it and it tastes fabulous.  Weight Watchers PointsPlus wise it’s 1 PPV.  Not bad at all.

I enjoyed this on an English muffin … I then experimented with it, by adding some Cookie Butter and a piece of banana.  Amazingness.

No comments:

Post a Comment