Monday, January 21, 2013

Homemade Salted Cookie Butter Fudge!



Since I have been introduced to Trader Joe’s Speculoos Cookie Butter I have been addicted.  I find myself making Cookie Butter sandwiches quite frequently.  So in having a conversation with Sue I decided to google what you could do with cookie butter.  I spotted cookies and fudge.  Fudge?!  That immediately perked my interest because I make fudge every year.  All of the recipes varied most of them using only 6 ounces of chocolate chips.  But I wanted to incorporate the Cookie Butter right into my fudge recipe without having to try to make fudge in a different way (that I wasn’t familiar with).  With fingers crossed I added 2 cups of Cookie Butter to my bowl of dry ingredients.

In case you aren't aware of what Cookie Butter is, it's Trader Joe's version of a gingerbread flavored like peanut butter.  It's got a peanut butter consistency, is smooth like butter, but really belongs in a world of its own. It's delicious.

It turned out to be absolutely amazing!  The fudge had such a smooth and creamy consistency with a very mild gingerbread flavor.  So amazing!  The salt on top of the fudge aided in bringing the flavors together.  My aunt, who is a self-proclaimed “Chocoholic” told me this fudge was THE best fudge she’s ever had in her life.  I call that a success!

If you are going to try this recipe do keep in mind this makes a large 13x9 pan of fudge.

Depending on the amount of pieces you get, which would be what you would throw into e-tools Recipe Builder.  For me, it was 5 Points Plus Values for a piece.

Here’s my recipe:

4 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
1/2 pound butter
2 (12 ounce) packages milk chocolate chips
1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
4 cups mini marshmallows
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter
~1 ½ tablespoons Sea Salt (I didn’t measure, I just sprinkled it over the top of the fudge out of my shaker)

Pour chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, vanilla extract and Cookie butter in a very large bowl. Set aside.

In a medium sauce pan, place the butter, sugar and evaporated milk into the pan.

Cooking on medium/high to medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil (don’t forget to stir it).  Once you start to see bubbles forming set your timer and cook for exactly 11 minutes (depending on how it’s boiling you can lower your heat setting a little from medium-high to medium), stirring constantly.   Make sure you stir constantly or it WILL burn on you.

Once done, pour your hot liquid mixture over the ingredients in the bowl and stir slowly to blend using a metal spoon.

Pour into a buttered 13 x 9-inch pan.  Once all fudge is into the pan sprinkle with the sea salt (just a very light sprinkle not completely covering every inch) and chill very well. Cut when cold.

QUESTION:
Would you ever make Cookie Butter fudge?



1 comment:

  1. I love cookie butter! I will make your fantastic recipe! Can’t wait to make it soon.

    ReplyDelete