Thursday, July 2, 2015

Skinnytaste Turkey Burgers with Zucchini


I found myself falling into a food rut ... and food ruts are no fun because I get bored and nothing is even worth making/eating. I had an extra zucchini in the refrigerator and decided to make some sort of burger out of it. Then I remembered I saw something on Pinterest where turkey burgers were made. So I pulled up the recipe and decided to give the Skinnytaste Turkey Burgers with Zucchini a shot.
The burgers themselves are very simple to pull together. The only thing I altered from the original recipe is eliminating the onion and adding a little McCormick hamburger seasoning to the mixture. The recipe makes 5 pretty generous sized turkey burgers, which once cooked up, leave for a very moist and flavorful burger. I made a batch to have as prepped lunches for the week and shared one with a coworker and one with my mother and both raved about how delicious it was. I'm such a fan that I've made this recipe again to have as rotating lunches for a few days. Adding the zucchini to the poultry certainly makes it a much more satisfying meal.

If interested in recreating this, you can find the recipe here: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/05/turkey-burgers-with-zucchini.html
A serving, 1 burger is 161 calories or 4 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment