Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Pop-Tarts Gone Nutty! PB&J Strawberry

Considering I was such a fan of the original Peanut Butter Pop-Tart that when I spotted the Pop-Tarts Gone Nutty! PB&J Strawberry I had to pick up a box. I love a good peanut butter and jelly sandwich ... but I admit the act of actually having one is very few and far between.

I absolutely loved the peanut butter Pop-Tarts, wasn't a fan of the frosted chocolate Pop-Tarts, so I truly wasn't sure where my opinion would sway with these. They're the classic peanut butter pop-tart which has a layer of strawberry jelly on top of the peanut butter, which is all then coated in a light layer of peanut butter-esque colored frosting, which is adorned with red sprinkles.

I opted to have one straight out of the package and another day have the other toasted. Straight out of the package was a little easier to handle (considering the jelly wasn't pipping hot), but the Pop-Tart took on a whole new level of deliciousness once toasted and crisped. When room temperature it's good, but when toasted the edges get nice and crispy, the jelly gets gooey and the frosting on top of the Pop-Tart becomes slightly lava-ey (I'm making up my own words here). All of the flavors pop when heated and are definitely the way to go with these.

The classic peanut butter is still my #1 favorite, but these are a very close second.

A serving, 1 pop-tart, is 190 calories or 5 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment