Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Lay's Kettle Cooked Greektown Gyro Chips

I'm a sucker for potato chips, low and behold when I finally spotted the new Lay's Do Us A Flavor potato chips on display at a local grocery store I had to pick some up. Case in point the Lay's Kettle Cooked Greektown Gyro Potato Chips.  As a person who enjoys an occasional gyro I figured why not give 'em a shot?

The chips themselves are your classic kettle cooked potato chip which are super crunchy (with an abundance of curled potato chips which are the best). Flavor wise ... these are just "okay" and rather mediocre. I found them to initially taste just like sour cream, plain sour cream. Then as I ate a few more they started to take on a flavor of tzatziki sauce (a sour cream, cucumber, garlic, olive oil and red wine vinegar sauce). Other than that mild tzatziki flavor ... there isn't much else about it. It's not flavorful and it's certainly not a sour cream and onion.

I certainly can't say these scream gyro, nor can I say they're exceptionally delicious or worth the try. They're kind of on the boring side... I'd rather pick up a bag of sour cream and onion or barbecue chips and have something that's flavorful and worthwhile. Hit or miss? Definitely a miss....

A serving, 1 oz (28g - roughly 18 chips) is 150 calories or 4 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment