Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Trader Joe’s World’s Puffiest Sour Cream & Onion Corn Puffs

While browsing Trader Joe’s a few weeks back I noticed these World’s Puffiest Sour Cream & Onion Corn Puffs in their snack section.  I picked them up because I absolutely LOVE sour cream and onion chips.  So I figured corn puffs? Why not!  Surprisingly (or rather not surprisingly since TJ’s sells pretty stand-up products) they were pretty good.  They reminded me of a cheese curl just minus the cheese.

Flavor wise they are a very mild sour cream and onion flavoring.  The texture of the corn puff is that of a cheese puff – puffy, provides a crunch, but are very soft when chewing.  The downside for me was they were completely addicting.  A serving size was 2 ½ cups, but I found I wanted to eat more than just 2 ½ cups when enjoying these.  Totally a “trigger food”.  I know Trader Joe’s also sells a cheddar version of the same puffs, which I’m sure are equally delicious.

Weight Watchers Points Plus wise – these were 4 points plus for a serving.

QUESTION:
Have you tried the Trader Joe’s Sour Cream & Onion Corn Puffs?

No comments:

Post a Comment