Saturday, December 1, 2012

Dessert: Pumpkin Pie Dip

This is one of the desserts I made for Thanksgiving this year.  I love pumpkin pie, but pumpkin pie is bogged down with a lot of unnecessary sugars.  So to have something pumpkin and to not have to deal with the points (Weight Watchers) I decided to make something that was light and a dip rather than a pie that could turn into a trigger food.

I found this recipe on Skinnytaste.com and thought it sounded so good. I had all the ingredients in my cabinet, except I did not have the fat free Greek yogurt so I picked that up on my trip to the store and off and running I went.

I will say I would serve this with graham cracker squares or cinnamon squares.  I know apples is a healthy way but the sweetness of the apple makes the dip almost ungodly sweet.  You are putting brown sugar in the dip so it increases the sweetness in it anyway – but the apple slices, in my opinion, put it over the top.  Perhaps if you do want apples I would suggest something tart, like a Granny Smith.  Nonetheless it was a pretty yummy dip.

If you want to try this recipe for yourself, you can find it here: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/11/pumpkin-pie-dip.html

No comments:

Post a Comment