Saturday, February 4, 2017

Halo Top Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

There's one thing about my taste buds when it comes to ice cream. If I'm given a choice between vanilla and chocolate - I am without a doubt going to go with the vanilla. Don't get me wrong - I love chocolate (cake, candy) but I am not a big fan of chocolate ice cream, shakes, etc. Low and behold when I spotted the Halo Top Vanilla Bean Ice Cream on my grocery store shelf, I picked up a pint without hesitation.

I had read reviews on the ice cream and I recalled reading the ice cream itself was creamy. I knew the consistency of the flavors ranged depending on the flavor/consistency/etc. The strawberry was creamy, the birthday cake wasn't ... so I was quite pleased to find this ice cream is in fact on the creamier side. The ice cream isn't riddled with ice crystals as in the case of most low calorie ice creams.

You may think vanilla ice cream is so boring, but this one isn't. It's a bold, pure vanilla bean flavor. Very vanilla-y and not plain at all. There are little specks of vanilla bean running all throughout the container. It's a healthier alternative on ice cream but it doesn't taste like it's a better-for-you version of ice cream. Tastes like any full fat high quality vanilla bean ice cream.

Overall I quite loved this and it certainly ranks up there with my favorite Halo Top flavors.

A serving, 1/2 cup is 60 calories or 2 smart points. Whereas 1 cup is 4 smart points, 1 1/2 cups is 6 smart points and the whole pint is 8 smart points.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment