Friday, January 20, 2017

Banana Oatmeal Pancakes

I've become completely obsessed with oatmeal. I had been eating my banana oatmeal (which I make in a bowl with the same ingredients) for well over a year and I had hit a wall and just had enough.  After having different breakfasts that just weren't satisfying me the way my oatmeal did ... I decided to take my simple oatmeal recipe (with the elimination of almond milk) and make them into pancakes.  Same stuff, different form - i.e. reverse psychology on my own mind. It's legitimately the same thing, it's just in a pancake form and I add a little fruit and sugar free maple syrup over them.

So far it's been a winner. I've been eating these for a few months now and I absolutely love them. The recipe is really simple to throw together. I actually incorporate these into my meal prep every week.  I whip up 3 batches and store them in ziploc bags and take them out as I need them every morning. A quick 2 minutes in the microwave makes them perfect.

They're not a light and airy pancake. They're dense, filling and pack a substance punch.

Recipe:
Makes 2 servings of pancakes
For Weight Watcher members: 5 smartpoints/points plus per serving

1 cup quick cook oatmeal
¾ c egg whites
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 tbsp vanilla  (adjust to your liking)
2 packets stevia (or whatever sweetener you prefer)
1 tbsp cinnamon (adjust to your liking)

Mash banana in bowl, add in all other ingredients and mix until combined.

Heat a non-stick frying pan, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, over medium-high heat. Use a measuring cup (I prefer 1/4c) and evenly distribute the pancake drops onto the pan, smooth out gently with the bottom of the measuring cup.  Fry the pancakes for roughly 4-5 minutes. Bubbles will not form as in traditional pancake mix. Flip once the bottom is browned and firm enough to flip, then cook evenly on the other side. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment