Sunday, November 8, 2015

Trader Joe's Chickenless Crispy Tenders

Every once in a while I like to step out of the norm and try something different. I usually find myself getting adventurous when it comes to meat alternatives. I've stumbled upon some decent meat alternative foods at Trader Joe's, so when I spotted the Trader Joe's Chickenless Crispy Tenders I decided to pick up a bag to stash in the freezer.

One day I had salad in the refrigerator for lunch, but nothing to go with it ... so I brought my bag of chickenless tenders to work and heated up 2 servings in the toaster oven. The tenders themselves aren't very large, but they are satisfying. Even cooking them in a toaster oven, they crisped up perfectly. Each tender provided a nice crunch, while the inside was soft and moist.

I opted to have them alongside a garden salad and in true I'm a toddler fashion - I ate them dipping the tenders into ketchup. They were honestly really good, satisfying and I enjoyed how crispy they were. They didn't have that meat substitute texture/taste/etc. It honestly tasted like a frozen, processed chicken finger. The only noticeable difference was that the tenders themselves are thinner than average chicken tenders and the coating looks "healthier" if you will.

A serving, 4 tenders, is 150 calories or 4 points plus values.

1 comment:

  1. Shannon, I was online looking up some point values fro some foods I ate today. All of my friends joined WW and are losing and I went to the doctors Thursday for my yearly check up and I gained 4 lbs! I was reading your profile and I am desperate.I am much older than you,I am 64 and never weighed this much in my life. Three years ago I lost my 31 year old so Travis. I have not stopped eating since. It seems to be my only source of comfort. But I need to lose weight to enjoy my 2 yr old grandson Noah. But enough about me...I was drawn to your blog and began reading your information and you seem to have this program down. I have the list of free foods but I must be doing something wrong as far as points are concerned. I should tell you up front I am trying to do this without actually joining. After talking to my friends I do not have the disposable income for the membership and the food. I was originally looking for the point value for Iokos yogurt and saw your blog. The value I was looking foe was Tyson organic chicken strips which have 150 calories for 3 pieces, much like you have posted here from Trader Joe's. When I joined WW last time I was aloted 32 pts per day but I understand it is much less now. Anything you can tell me would help immensely. I admire you very much for your accomplishment.It is so hard. My name is Vicki Scharbach and I live in Olmsted Falls, Ohio

    ReplyDelete