Sunday, November 8, 2015

Applebee's Napa Chicken & Portabellos

Opting to go out to dinner with my boyfriend one night, we found ourselves at a local Applebee's. Scanning the menu well before we went, I had two options in mind but ultimately decided I'd try the Applebee's Napa Chicken & Portabellos after our server recommended it.

According to the menu the dish is "A grilled chicken breast topped with portobello mushrooms and onions smothered in a rich red wine sauce and our Parmesan cheese blend. Served over sautéed zucchini, mushrooms, roasted red peppers, red onions and crispy red potatoes."

When the meal came out it looked aesthetically pleasing. Unfortunately, that's where it stopped. My vegetables were overcooked (minus the onions on top of the chicken which were barely cooked). Aside from that the entire dish was so incredibly salty it was almost too much to handle. Not wanting to complain I picked around my dish and ate what I could handle, leaving back some of the charred salty vegetables and the overwhelming amount of white onion. 

The crispy red potatoes were probably my favorite part of the whole dish. Needless to say if I were to ever consider ordering this again, I'd ask beforehand if there was a way for them to monitor the sodium level in the dish (maybe limiting the sauce/seasoning they use to cook everything) ... if not, I'd steer clear and do myself a favor and pass on re-ordering this.

A serving is 490 calories or 12 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment